Theme: New Paradigms in the Global Economy
May 23 – 26, 2018
Beijing University of International Business and Economics
The 28th Conference of the International Trade and Finance Association will be held in Beijing, China, May 23-26 (Wednesday to Saturday), 2018. We are delighted that Beijing University of Business and Economics is hosting our 2018 conference.
IT&FA is a multi-disciplinary association, and welcomes scholars and professionals from economics and finance, marketing and management, law, communications and other disciplines with an interest in globalization and the global economy. The conference will consist of regular competitive sessions, as well as plenary sessions dealing with high-profile issues.
We invite proposals on all aspects of international trade and finance, including such emerging issues as cyber security and economic warfare, digital free trade and e-commerce, intellectual property protections, and trade in various services. As in the past, IT&FA seeks papers on trade policy, exchange rates, investments and capital flows, banking, migration, tourism, communications, transportation, governance and law, and management and marketing. Industry-specific studies are welcome (such as agriculture, retail, textiles, and entertainment), as are proposals dealing with multilateral, regional, and national issues impacting international trade and finance. Theoretical, conceptual and empirical papers are also invited.
- Program: Offers discussions of economic topics across many disciplines via speakers and panels.
- Special Events: The Presidential Address, award presentations, paper/panel presentations, gala dinner, and networking opportunities.
- Proceedings: The International Trade and Finance Association will publish an electronic “Papers and Proceedings” edition highlighting selected papers from the meeting.
- Paper Awards: We offer US$500 for the best paper submitted to the conference and US$250 for the best student paper, along with certificates confirming each.
- November 1, 2017, to January 31, 2018 –Registration Materials and Abstracts submitted for Peer Review
- February 15, 2018 – Notification of Acceptance by this date
- February 28, 2018 – End of Early Birds Registration Fee.
- March 31, 2018 – Payment of Registration Fee Due. Visa documentation requests due along with payment, if not requested earlier.
- April 15, 2018 – Deadline for Hotel Registrations. Cancellation for 100% returned fees, 50% return fees hereafter.
- May 1, 2018 – Conference schedule posted online
- May 23 to 26, 2018 – Conference convenes at Beijing University of International Business and Economics
Submission is open until January 31, 2018
If you cannot access the GoogleForm to submit your abstract, please send your abstract/paper to email@example.com and provide the following information in your message:
1 – Personal information
– First name and last name
– Email adress
– Professional affiliation
– Visa requirement (do you or your co-author need a visa to travel to China?)
2 – Paper information
– Co-authors (if applicable)
– Title of the paper
– Topic and literature (max 500 words)
– Research question and methodology (max 500 words)
– Results (max 500 words)
– Selected bibliography
– JEL classification
BEFORE MARCH1: Pay your annual membership (US$65 for regular members and US$35 for students) and your conference registration fees (US$235 for regular members and US$100 for students) at the same time (starting on March 1, the total is US$350 for everyone):
STARTING ON MARCH 1: Pay your annual membership and your conference registration fee at the same time (the total is US$350 for everyone):
China Visa Information
For a Chinese visa, see www.china-embassy.org. Application forms are online. I attach the one I used. Depending on the type of visa you request, you will need to submit your passport, visa application, and possibly an invitation letter. I’ve used Duke’s Visas, 202-650-6032 (www.dukesvisa.com) to do this for myself.
NOTE: Do all of this early! It takes time. I received a 10-year visa, so I can go back anytime within the 10-year period without reapplying.
Be careful to fill it out completely, as the Chinese government will send it back otherwise.
You have the option as to the type of visa that you specify. The tourist visa is the easiest, as you do not need a letter from me or any other proof of why you are going there or who you will see.
There are passport services that will obtain the visa for you, if you are not near the embassy or consulate in your country. The service I used is located in Washington, DC. I list it below. There are others, so I only provide this one, since I know of it, and they did a good job for me.
|Dukes Visas and Passports
Welcome To Dukes Visa Services . Copyright © 2011 Dukes Visas And Passports. All rights reserved
Sarah K. Bryant, Ph.D.
Executive Vice President
The Grand Skylight Hotel has been chosen for the 2018 IT&FA Conference in Beijing, China. Participants are recommended to book their accommodation through this hotel, as the room rates have been negotiated to provide conference attendees with favorable rates. Room rates are 650 RMB per day, including breakfast. As the hotel is charged in RMB, which is equivalent to about 105 US dollars per day, the price will be adjusted according to the price of the dollar in May 2018.
The hotel is located next to the Olympic Stadium and buses will provide transportation to The University of International Business and Economics where the sessions for the conference will be held.